- No-Spend Zone 1: When you leave the house. Picking up a prescription? Grabbing pizza—er, groceries? Stick to your to-do list and curb the urge for retail detours.
- No-Spend Zone 2: Clothes. End-of-summer sales are tempting, but you’ll be grateful that you stashed your cash when temps drop and that cozy new sweater is calling your name.
- No-Spend Zone 3: With friends. Avoid spendy pals or take control by setting the price point for a night out. Aim for half-off happy-hour drinks, or host a potluck dinner with a fun food theme. (Now’s your chance to have the All-Cheese Extravaganza.)
- No-Spend Zone 4: Online. A recent, highly unscientific DailyWorth poll revealed that slow afternoons prompt unnecessary online purchases. Remove retail sites from your bookmarks and unlink your credit cards from the websites.
- No-Spend Zone 5: Kids. Always bring snacks. Cut out the token toy at the grocery store. Buy kids’ clothes and shoes on consignment or work the hand-me-down angle.
5 Places to Cut Yourself Off Comments
- By DailyWorth Team
- September 02, 2011
6 Simple Ways to Save More6 Simple Ways to Save More
Make Your Wardrobe Work Harder for YouMake Your Wardrobe Work Harder for You
Want to Save More? There’s an App for ThatWant to Save More? There’s an App for That
How Reality Stars Like Kim Kardashian Make MillionsHow Reality Stars Like Kim Kardashian Make Millions
5 Bucket-List Trips That Won’t Break the Bank5 Bucket-List Trips That Won’t Break the Bank