- No-Spend Zone 1: When you leave the house. Picking up a prescription? Grabbing pizza—er, groceries? Stick to your to-do list and curb the urge for retail detours.
- No-Spend Zone 2: Clothes. End-of-summer sales are tempting, but you’ll be grateful that you stashed your cash when temps drop and that cozy new sweater is calling your name.
- No-Spend Zone 3: With friends. Avoid spendy pals or take control by setting the price point for a night out. Aim for half-off happy-hour drinks, or host a potluck dinner with a fun food theme. (Now’s your chance to have the All-Cheese Extravaganza.)
- No-Spend Zone 4: Online. A recent, highly unscientific DailyWorth poll revealed that slow afternoons prompt unnecessary online purchases. Remove retail sites from your bookmarks and unlink your credit cards from the websites.
- No-Spend Zone 5: Kids. Always bring snacks. Cut out the token toy at the grocery store. Buy kids’ clothes and shoes on consignment or work the hand-me-down angle.
5 Places to Cut Yourself Off Comments
- By DailyWorth Team
- September 02, 2011
6 Ways to Improve Your Look Beyond Fashion6 Ways to Improve Your Look Beyond Fashion
Value vs. Perception: Why You’re Paying More for These 8 Luxury ItemsValue vs. Perception: Why You’re Paying More for These 8 Luxury Items
How to Shop Your Own ClosetHow to Shop Your Own Closet
25 Women to Honor on National Women’s Equality Day25 Women to Honor on National Women’s Equality Day
Does Your Resume Need an Update?Does Your Resume Need an Update?