- No-Spend Zone 1: When you leave the house. Picking up a prescription? Grabbing pizza—er, groceries? Stick to your to-do list and curb the urge for retail detours.
- No-Spend Zone 2: Clothes. End-of-summer sales are tempting, but you’ll be grateful that you stashed your cash when temps drop and that cozy new sweater is calling your name.
- No-Spend Zone 3: With friends. Avoid spendy pals or take control by setting the price point for a night out. Aim for half-off happy-hour drinks, or host a potluck dinner with a fun food theme. (Now’s your chance to have the All-Cheese Extravaganza.)
- No-Spend Zone 4: Online. A recent, highly unscientific DailyWorth poll revealed that slow afternoons prompt unnecessary online purchases. Remove retail sites from your bookmarks and unlink your credit cards from the websites.
- No-Spend Zone 5: Kids. Always bring snacks. Cut out the token toy at the grocery store. Buy kids’ clothes and shoes on consignment or work the hand-me-down angle.
5 Places to Cut Yourself Off Comments
- By DailyWorth Team
- September 02, 2011
10 Countries With Better Maternity Leave Than the U.S.10 Countries With Better Maternity Leave Than the U.S.
Don’t Go Broke This Holiday SeasonDon’t Go Broke This Holiday Season
How to Drink With Your CoworkersHow to Drink With Your Coworkers
I’m NOT Trying to Have It AllI’m NOT Trying to Have It All
How to Bounce Back From Credit DisasterHow to Bounce Back From Credit Disaster