- No-Spend Zone 1: When you leave the house. Picking up a prescription? Grabbing pizza—er, groceries? Stick to your to-do list and curb the urge for retail detours.
- No-Spend Zone 2: Clothes. End-of-summer sales are tempting, but you’ll be grateful that you stashed your cash when temps drop and that cozy new sweater is calling your name.
- No-Spend Zone 3: With friends. Avoid spendy pals or take control by setting the price point for a night out. Aim for half-off happy-hour drinks, or host a potluck dinner with a fun food theme. (Now’s your chance to have the All-Cheese Extravaganza.)
- No-Spend Zone 4: Online. A recent, highly unscientific DailyWorth poll revealed that slow afternoons prompt unnecessary online purchases. Remove retail sites from your bookmarks and unlink your credit cards from the websites.
- No-Spend Zone 5: Kids. Always bring snacks. Cut out the token toy at the grocery store. Buy kids’ clothes and shoes on consignment or work the hand-me-down angle.
5 Places to Cut Yourself Off Comments
- By DailyWorth Team
- September 02, 2011
8 Surprising Things You Can Get for Free8 Surprising Things You Can Get for Free
How to Survive a Toxic WorkplaceHow to Survive a Toxic Workplace
Is This Where You Thought You’d Be? Take the 10-Year TestIs This Where You Thought You’d Be? Take the 10-Year Test
6 Ways to Improve Your Look Beyond Fashion6 Ways to Improve Your Look Beyond Fashion
Value vs. Perception: Why You’re Paying More for These 8 Luxury ItemsValue vs. Perception: Why You’re Paying More for These 8 Luxury Items