Current job openings at DailyWorth:
DailyWorth is looking for an experienced Managing Editor who is passionate about women's media, and interested in personal finance and careers. Do you read women's content online and feel like it could be better? Are there issues that aren't covered (or covered enough, in your opinion) in the traditional media channels that you'd like to break open and bring more exposure to? Let's talk.
The Managing Editor will play a crucial role in the day to day editorial process and programming of DailyWorth.com, to ensure that we meet DailyWorth's mission daily. S/he will report to and work closely with the Executive Editor to execute content strategy, vision, tone and editorial integrity of the site. The Managing Editor will be responsible for ensuring web content meets commitments to site and syndication partners, as well as engagement, traffic, and social media goals.
Daily tasks may include:
- Conceive, assign, edit, and write original content for DailyWorth.com that supports brand goals.
- Work with edit team and freelancers to assign, manage, develop and execute stories and editorial packages. This includes setting deadlines, sending assignment notes, creating writer’s agreements and managing freelancer questions and invoices.
- Manage editorial calendar, ensuring the right mix of editorial programming, creating deadlines and managing the entire editorial workflow and schedule.
- Manage editorial budget, including tracking freelancer invoices and ensuring we stay within budget. Communicate with the DailyWorth accounting department on monthly budget reports and, as necessary, including resolving any issues that may occur.
- Attend pitch meetings, maintain pitch doc, and ensure the editorial calendar is always up to date after new assignments are determined.
- Monitor traffic and user engagement via Parsely and Google Analytics, taking note on what’s doing well organically on the site, or through content/syndication partner involvement, SEO, or PR. Report trends to team and capitalize on future possibilities to recreate the success
- Work with marketing and PR departments as necessary on any editorial-related initiatives.
- Implement and manage social strategy for Twitter to grow user engagement, followers and referrals, and to ensure posts are consistent with DailyWorth editorial voice.
- Stay informed on the latest digital trends/products to identify new opportunities for increased user engagement/growth.
- At least 6 years of online journalism experience, including at least 3 years of editing experience.
- A passion for and understanding of DailyWorth's mission and goals. Experience with personal finance is a plus, but any topic related to women's issues/women's media that you have an expertise or passion about (from feminism to maternity leave policy) will serve you well in this role.
- Exerience with Content Management Systems (CMS), and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- The candidate should be well-versed in social media and have a knowledge of AP style.
- Highly creative and organized; able to meet tight deadlines in a startup environment.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude, comfortable working with creative people in a creative environment.
- Strong command of language, grammar, and punctuation.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line that will make you stand out, but includes the words "Managing Editor."
Marketing Producer for Email & Web
The marketing producer will work closely with our Product, Marketing, and Creative teams to help execute projects across our website, daily newsletters, marketing materials, and online courses. This is an entry-level position for a person who wants to get involved with & learn about digital projects across platforms, technology and departments.
In addition to light project management, the meat of the work is production for...
• Building & maintaining email templates in HTML & Sailthry Zephyr tags
• Assisting with new template testing
• Researching & implementing new products & functionality to increase the success of our newsletters
Ads & Sponsorships:
• Assist in producing custom ad units for sponsors
• Execute sponsored email projects a few times a month
• Work with ad tags, tracking pixels, UTM parameters, shortened links, and other forms of sponsorship tracking
• Ongoing management & troubleshooting for our newsletter banner ad network
Reporting & Account management:
• Updating opt-out sequence and other user flow pages as needed
• Helping run reports, build lists, and keep our SailThru account generally organized
• Produce online sponsored projects using HTML and our CMS
• Photoshop production: resizing, cropping, saving for web, optimizing image assets for email & web
Specific Skills Required
• HTML, CSS, and related software required
• Experience with Sailthru or other email service provider (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc)
• Experience using a Content Management System (CMS)
• General understanding of dynamic and personalization tags for email.
• Photoshop— as a software skill, not necessarily a design skill
• Attention to & respect for user privacy
A PLUS: An interest in smart women's media and culture.
DailyWorth is every woman's guide to money, career, and business. You work hard for your money. We help you save and invest it, on your terms. We are a small, collaborative team located in DUMBO, Brooklyn with a startup culture and great benefits.
Please email your LinkedIn profile & cover letter to: Martina@DailyWorth.com