You love that sun-kissed look you've had all summer, but now it's time to transition back to a more polished, meet-the-clients look for fall. Here, a few time-smart (and money-wise) ways to give your skin and hair the TLC it needs.
- Cool off – Sport a well-groomed ponytail or classic chignon every few days, and give your locks a break from heat styling and product build-up.
- Deep condition – To replace moisture and boost shine, try Neutrogena Deep Recovery Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask, $7.
- Refresh – Faded color, or bleached-out highlights, won’t play well in that big client meeting. Invest the money to have your colorist apply a toner to take the brassy out of blonde, or a gloss treatment to boost existing color for a healthy, polished look (about $40 to $75).
- Exfoliate – Feel like your moisturizer isn’t doing much? Invest in a body brush and dry exfoliate gently before you hop into the shower or bath, so your products will have more impact.
- Add oil – For a complete skin restorative, add plant or nut-based oils with products like LUSH Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner ($30).
You feel better, and you look amazing. Now, if you could just get the sand out of your shoes.
Out of the Box
Kristin Booker blogs at Fashion.Style.Beauty.