- No-Spend Zone 1: When you leave the house. Picking up a prescription? Grabbing pizza—er, groceries? Stick to your to-do list and curb the urge for retail detours.
- No-Spend Zone 2: Clothes. End-of-summer sales are tempting, but you’ll be grateful that you stashed your cash when temps drop and that cozy new sweater is calling your name.
- No-Spend Zone 3: With friends. Avoid spendy pals or take control by setting the price point for a night out. Aim for half-off happy-hour drinks, or host a potluck dinner with a fun food theme. (Now’s your chance to have the All-Cheese Extravaganza.)
- No-Spend Zone 4: Online. A recent, highly unscientific DailyWorth poll revealed that slow afternoons prompt unnecessary online purchases. Remove retail sites from your bookmarks and unlink your credit cards from the websites.
- No-Spend Zone 5: Kids. Always bring snacks. Cut out the token toy at the grocery store. Buy kids’ clothes and shoes on consignment or work the hand-me-down angle.
How Does Color Affect Your Mood?How Does Color Affect Your Mood?
Meet 10 Women Behind Hillary Clinton’s 2016 CampaignMeet 10 Women Behind Hillary Clinton’s 2016 Campaign
How to Boost Your Credit ScoreHow to Boost Your Credit Score
Why I’m Glad I Got Pregnant at 40Why I’m Glad I Got Pregnant at 40
11 TED Talks You Need to Watch11 TED Talks You Need to Watch