- No-Spend Zone 1: When you leave the house. Picking up a prescription? Grabbing pizza—er, groceries? Stick to your to-do list and curb the urge for retail detours.
- No-Spend Zone 2: Clothes. End-of-summer sales are tempting, but you’ll be grateful that you stashed your cash when temps drop and that cozy new sweater is calling your name.
- No-Spend Zone 3: With friends. Avoid spendy pals or take control by setting the price point for a night out. Aim for half-off happy-hour drinks, or host a potluck dinner with a fun food theme. (Now’s your chance to have the All-Cheese Extravaganza.)
- No-Spend Zone 4: Online. A recent, highly unscientific DailyWorth poll revealed that slow afternoons prompt unnecessary online purchases. Remove retail sites from your bookmarks and unlink your credit cards from the websites.
- No-Spend Zone 5: Kids. Always bring snacks. Cut out the token toy at the grocery store. Buy kids’ clothes and shoes on consignment or work the hand-me-down angle.
8 Signs You’re Being Passive-Aggressive8 Signs You’re Being Passive-Aggressive
Feeling Stressed? You’re Probably Not Having Enough SexFeeling Stressed? You’re Probably Not Having Enough Sex
6 ‘Good’ Credit Card Moves That Are Actually Terrible6 ‘Good’ Credit Card Moves That Are Actually Terrible
Spring Cleaning: 6 Ways to Clear Your Space and Your MindSpring Cleaning: 6 Ways to Clear Your Space and Your Mind
5 Common Money Myths — Debunked5 Common Money Myths — Debunked