- No-Spend Zone 1: When you leave the house. Picking up a prescription? Grabbing pizza—er, groceries? Stick to your to-do list and curb the urge for retail detours.
- No-Spend Zone 2: Clothes. End-of-summer sales are tempting, but you’ll be grateful that you stashed your cash when temps drop and that cozy new sweater is calling your name.
- No-Spend Zone 3: With friends. Avoid spendy pals or take control by setting the price point for a night out. Aim for half-off happy-hour drinks, or host a potluck dinner with a fun food theme. (Now’s your chance to have the All-Cheese Extravaganza.)
- No-Spend Zone 4: Online. A recent, highly unscientific DailyWorth poll revealed that slow afternoons prompt unnecessary online purchases. Remove retail sites from your bookmarks and unlink your credit cards from the websites.
- No-Spend Zone 5: Kids. Always bring snacks. Cut out the token toy at the grocery store. Buy kids’ clothes and shoes on consignment or work the hand-me-down angle.
Trying to rein in your spending? Forget vague vows like “tightening your belt” and institute a hardcore No-Spend Zone in just one area. Some ideas:
Tagged in: Spending
10 Flexible Side Gigs to Bring in Extra Income10 Flexible Side Gigs to Bring in Extra Income
How to Get Heard in MeetingsHow to Get Heard in Meetings
7 Easy Budget Lunches to Bring to Work7 Easy Budget Lunches to Bring to Work
You’re Spending Too Much on FoodYou’re Spending Too Much on Food
How to Parent Equally When You Both Work Full-TimeHow to Parent Equally When You Both Work Full-Time